Decathlon bringt Longtail auf den Markt (Elops VELOCARGO R500)

Hi guys, I'm Nick from Greece. I read this with great interest and thank you for the information.

I would very much like to buy the R500, but I also have some doubts. I really like this type of bike and exercise and it will be a haven for my wife who doesn't have a driver's license to get around with our young daughter.

My concerns are that we don't have a Decathlon branch nearby and if something happens we have to take it 200km from here to Athens.

I too have been reading here on duty for a long time in case something serious happens.

llurk what do you think of the engine power loss you had last month? Are you moving due to very low temperatures? Is it drivable now?

So the autonomy. Is the battery enough for a 60 km round trip or do I have to charge it in the middle...?

Sorry for the questions but I will get it and I want it to be our main mode of transportation.

thank you all

We live in an urban area with little inclines. We do have to charge the battery every 80-90km when using the lowest Support Mode.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Wetterproofing in progress…
013841E4-48C3-4625-B437-1A8351A61EF4.jpeg

Hi guys, I'm Nick from Greece. I read this with great interest and thank you for the information.

I would very much like to buy the R500, but I also have some doubts. I really like this type of bike and exercise and it will be a haven for my wife who doesn't have a driver's license to get around with our young daughter.

My concerns are that we don't have a Decathlon branch nearby and if something happens we have to take it 200km from here to Athens.

I too have been reading here on duty for a long time in case something serious happens.

llurk what do you think of the engine power loss you had last month? Are you moving due to very low temperatures? Is it drivable now?

So the autonomy. Is the battery enough for a 60 km round trip or do I have to charge it in the middle...?

Sorry for the questions but I will get it and I want it to be our main mode of transportation.

thank you all

It's totally driveable, even on steep inclines. I have to ride up a steep hill with two kids, normally I'm able to hold a speed of about 18km/h and now I'm somewhere around 15km/h. So without kids the loss of power would barely be noticeable.
60km should be ok if it is relatively flat.

Krasses Wetter.
Wir haben maximal Schneematsch 3x im Jahr.

Anderes Thema: Schaltet nur der linke (vordere) Bremshebel das Bremslicht an und den Motor ab oder hab ich mir irgendeinen Stecker abgezogen?!

...dann suche ich mal den Kupferwurm. Danke

@llurk, Lowtech thank you both for your feedback. We made the decision and we are going through with it. I will write impressions.

Sorry, my German is terrible, so I'm translating my text from English

@apolpat you will not regret it. I picked up our bike last week. Since it has been pouring with rain haven’t used it as much I would have liked to but have done about 25 kilometers. And it’s a hoot. Used it to drop of our three kids (4,6 and 8 years old) at school. All on the back carrier .

The torque is massive compared to most other electric bikes. Even my wife’s Stromer isn’t as fast from standstill as this one. Shame it cuts out at 26,8 kmh, there is definitely power left to take it further, regulations…

Apart from the electronics it’s just a quite normal bike so servicing at a local bike shop or diy would be no problem.

Range prediction is around 60 kilometers mostly running full power. Will report what the real figure ends up to be.

Ich hab beim Parken markiert, bis wo es mir reicht und mich dann Zuhause vermessen.
Ich komme, aufgebockt am vorderen Bogen auf etwa 145 cm.

Danke an alle für die hilfreichen Kommentare und an lowtech fürs vermessen. Empfohlenes Zubehör passt alles und die Bretter wurden mir auch gleich von einem Kumpel langzeittauglich gemacht. Die für die Füße sogar mit Anti-Rutsch Körnung.

Anhänge

• 2863D3D1-63EE-4568-9B2C-A81C7517E569.jpeg
    2863D3D1-63EE-4568-9B2C-A81C7517E569.jpeg
    183 KB · Aufrufe: 293
  • 0A60E408-E470-4AD9-BE6D-DF3F3EAC50C6.jpeg
    0A60E408-E470-4AD9-BE6D-DF3F3EAC50C6.jpeg
    236,2 KB · Aufrufe: 296
  • 5D01A40B-2B9A-4C30-9483-0B7F986D9BFF.jpeg
    5D01A40B-2B9A-4C30-9483-0B7F986D9BFF.jpeg
    184 KB · Aufrufe: 299
Sieht beides gut aus. Ich lasse meine mal unbehandelt verwittern und werde mich nach Alternativen umsehen wenn das ein technisches Problem werden sollte.

Bei uns hörts indes nicht auf zu schneien. Für machen der Eltern, die das Glück ein solches Rad zu besitzen, nicht haben und mit dem Pkw anreisen müssen, war der Kindergarten heute nicht erreichbar. Für uns wars weitestgehend problemlos:
1674116821093.png

1674116870158.png

@llurk das wudre bestimmt schon erwähnt, aber was für eine Rahmentasche ist das? Ich habe eine von SKS und die will ums verrecken nicht rein passen

@llurk das wudre bestimmt schon erwähnt, aber was für eine Rahmentasche ist das? Ich habe eine von SKS und die will ums verrecken nicht rein passen
Die gabs mal bei Hofer in Österreich (Aldi Pendant). Aber Achtung, zu gut darf die Tasche nicht sitzen, weil man den Akku sonst nicht gut rausbekommt. Ich habe die untere Schlaufe am Sitzrohr entfernt, damit ich die Tasche zur Seite Drücken kann um den Akku raus zu nehmen. Ich glaube hier wurde irgendwo noch eine Vaude Tasche genannt, die auch gut passt. Ansonsten ist sowas ein schönes Nähprojekt.

In das Rahmendreieck HINTER dem Sattelrohr passt auch eine wasserdichte Rahmentasche von Decathlon, @Miki hat das hier im Faden gepostet.

Zurück
Oben Unten