Urban Arrow in train to Sylt?

O

Opdebakfietsnaar

Hello! We are a family traveling by cargo bikes from Holland to Denmark. Is someone familiair with bringing Urban Arrow cargobikes on a German train? We would like to take the bikes on the train between Husum and Sylt.
Thanks! Greetings

It might work on a regional train but it'll all depend on the mood or sympathetic attitude of the train conductor. And the space in a particular bike carriage/compartment.

Besides the mood of the inspectors on the train, the accessibility of the train platforms in Husum may also be a problem. You probably need a lift there. I couldn't find any information about the size.

Maybe you could get to Sylt by ferry? Not from Husum though and might be a bit difficult due to Corona restrictions. Ferry starts from Rømø/Denmark. Bikes and bike trailers are allowed. https://www.frs-syltfaehre.de/fahrpreise/personen-und-kfz

You need to check who‘s train it is, that you want to board. If it’s from DB (Deutsche Bahn), especially IC or ICEs, you are not allowed to transport a Cargo bike.
Regional trains depend on the general regulation of the region (thus does not rule out cargo bikes as far as I know, but they also does not allow it explicitly either) and the terms and conditions of the carrier.

In Addition you need to check how you can go to and from the track. Urban Arrow usually does not fit in elevators of german train stations, so you need a ramp or a track on ground level. You can check that with maps for disabled people.

Hello! We are a family traveling by cargo bikes from Holland to Denmark. Is someone familiair with bringing Urban Arrow cargobikes on a German train? We would like to take the bikes on the train between Husum and Sylt.
Thanks! Greetings
Sylt is entirely different to most other trains in Germany. There is no alternative to getting there and thus the train operates more like a car ferry than like an ordinary train. There is even dedicated space for motor cycles. Due to this, I would not rely on general experiences but only on those specific to this particular train.

t.

Sylt is entirely different to most other trains in Germany. There is no alternative to getting there and thus the train operates more like a car ferry than like an ordinary train. There is even dedicated space for motor cycles. Due to this, I would not rely on general experiences but only on those specific to this particular train.

t.
OT:
Makes me wonder: couldn´t we use the "Autoreisezug" to transport our cargobikes?

The Autoreisezug is exclusive for cars if i remember correctly. But there are also conventional commuter trains to Sylt which should offer enogh space to take an UA with you. You might contact info@sylt.de (Sylt Marketing) for more information.

Zurück
Oben Unten