Das MTB von meinen Opa

Status
Für weitere Antworten geschlossen.
Hallo Leute,

Ich habe über den Winter das alte Panasonic Stahl MTB welches mein Opa mir kurz vor seinem Tod vermacht hat wieder aufgebaut und dabei leicht verfeinert. Habe das ganze über Instagram dokumentiert. Da ich keine Lust habe soviel zu tippen kopiere ich einfach nachfolgend die Insta Texte und zeige eich ein paar Fotos. Vielleicht interessiert es ja den einen oder anderen.

Since I can remember my grandfather used to ride his Panasonic MTB. I have a lot of beautyful childhood memories connected to it. On the weekends during summertime me and my brother always woke up very early just to get over to my grandfathers house and to go on a bike trip with him to the nearby „Müllberg“ or „Kupferteich“. When I saw my grandfather the last time it was in july 2011. The cancer was already far progressed. I knew somehow that this would most likely be the last time I see him. So I thanked him for everything but esspecially for beeing the (grand) father he was for us during our childhood. He gave me the keys to the bike lock of his MTB and told me that I can ride it from time to time if I would like to. Indeed it was the last time I saw him. I received the call which informed me about his death on an october morning. My grandfather was like a father to me since my father died in a car accident when I was a small kid. This time it felt like I lost my father for a second time. Since that day the MTB which my grandfather gave me was stored in the cellar of my mum‘s house. Over the years it became rusty and after my children were born I honestly nearly forgot about it. But I never forgot about my grandfather. Still I‘m thinking of him nearly everyday. On a sunday evening in december 2021 I decided to take the remains of my grandfathers MTB and make something out of it ,where my grandfather who loved technical stuff just like I do, would be proud of. What you can see here is the basis for my project. It‘s the stripped frame of my grandfathers MTB. My plan is to rebuild it with some „minor“ upgrades. For the parts, I have chosen only „top of the shelf“ components. Due to the current difficult availability of bicycle parts I was forced to order them from all over the world.

Status
Für weitere Antworten geschlossen.
Zurück
Oben Unten