Alternative pedals

This is a quite general question, but since i am only following this forum and no other bike forums, I shoot the question here.
(have not found any other thread regarding this through the search function)

I own a Bullitt cargo bike which is the best investment ever. No electricity involved. Full leg power. I'm not satisfied with the stock pedals.
I wear sneakers often which are great for these pedals. However I also wear formal shoes and boots (Red Wings) which have an even cork/leather sole.
When it rains, I have a problem while pedaling and applying force.

I wonder if Shimano PD-EF205 Flat Pedals would be an option for me or shoul I go for cheap flat/full pedals and DIY with some grip tape?

Any advice or own experiences ?

Hi,
I personnally like cheap plastic pedals like this eg.: https://www.bike-components.de/de/DMR/V6-Plattformpedale-p43545/?v=22302-white
They offer a nice compromise of grip & "flatness". I saw them first in BMX, where people do all kinds of crazy things with them without losing grip. I have no experience with Rubber or Griptape surfaces on Pedals, but imagine that it can be very slippy in muddy/snowy conditions. Which probably isn't often a problem in the city (depending where you live of course)

Zurück
Oben Unten