MY20 RM Load 75 - 46 or 44T Chainring/Kettenblat?

Has anyone changed the front chainring to a smaller one with a Bosch Gen4? The 48T is just a bit too big for some hills here and I've decided that a 44T would be best since high speed is too difficult anyway. Better to have the low range.

Do you know the chainline measurement? Can I buy any 104mm ring?

I dont know whether you use a chain or belt, however you can use any 104mm ring - i did the same conversion on my Urban Arrow.

@Deutschmavic did you succeed with your changes? Which one did you buy? Do you know which one was used by R&M? I haven't detached the protector, I guess it's made by FSA as well?

I found a generic fsa 44t and it works really great. Exactly what this bike should have come with. The power is actually too much in Turbo, but at least the climbing is much better.

A factory replacement is FSA megatooth 1x ring (impossible to find right now) :
20210219_133006.jpg

@Deutschmavic thanks a lot. This sounds great. Just to make sure, you also have the touring version, right? Does the chainguard still works with your chainring?

I guess R&M picked 48T so that they can ship the exact same bike for the high speed 48km/h version than for the low speed variant.... except that they forgot that the highest three gears are actually useless since no-one can pedal up to 50kmh with a 150kg load ;-)

@Deutschmavic 42T seems to be easier to get. Do you think that's too low? What did you mean by too much power in turbo?

Yes, I have touring. The guard works with everything. The Torque output of the motor is pretty high, to overcome the 48t. With a 44t at the same Torque, it's like a rocket.

42 might be OK, but you'll lose top end speed beyond the 35kmh limit. Climbing will be great.

35 max will we fine. I live in a hilly area. Any opinion on the alloy vs steel version?

Just for the record, i checked the installed chainring on my load: they used the steel version.

Zurück
Oben Unten