Cargo bike design considerations

Of course the builder has final say on what he can build! He has tasked me with gathering my ideas and then we'll look through everything together.

As far as cargo specs, I wouldn't want a deck any smaller than my current one (94cm). I think with the hub steering I will be able to squeeze more space out of less overall length, as you know. I have four children now, but they're all quite small (for now!): ages 5, 3.5, 2, and 1 month. I will probably take the box I'm making for my current bike (modeled after @kistenfahrrad 's box here) and adapt it to the new bike. Fitting in the minivan is probably a silly requirement. I will have to mull it over and decide what is really important to me.

I will be exploring the forum in detail in the next few months as my homework. Sounds rough. :)
As far as I'm concerned, being focused on getting a bike purpose-built is already quite a strong requirement. I would not rule out any serial production bikes.

In fact, the new Bullitt might tic quite a few boxes for you. It's got just the right length in the load area, the front wheel almost touches the load deck (you just can't build any shorter!) and it fits people of many different sizes.

Fitted with a large front tire or even a suspension fork, it could make for a very good compromise at (probably) really good resell value.

t.

Zurück
Oben Unten