Lenkung: Spiel im Kugelgelenk

Ich würde zwei fürs Bakfiets nehmen, habe aber keinerlei Ahnung welche ich bräuchte. Daher kann ich nicht mitmachen.

Hallo nach langer Zeit!

Ich möchte einen Igus Gelenkkopf bestellen, da der Billiglenkkopf mit Zapfen sehr spürbar Spiel hat, was beim fahren nervt.

2 Fragen stelle ich mir:
1) Edelstahl oder Zinkdruckguss? Edelstahl ist teurer. Haltbarer?
2) Haben Lenkköpfe die beidseitg offen sind (z.B., https://www.igus.de/product/igubal_KCRM_KCLM_ES_S?artnr=KCRM-ES-08-J-EK) eher weniger Spiel als die einseitig offenen mit Zapfen? (https://www.igus.de/product/igubal_KCRM_ES_S_J_EZ_SZ?artnr=KCLM-S-08-J-SZ)

Danke für Eure Tipps
Pardon...
Zu 1) Haltbarer nicht unbedingt, edelstahl ist halt viel stabiler. Aber das originalwinkelgelenk vom hagen ist ja auch aus Zinkdruckguss
2) kann ich nicht sagen, hatte nur die oben offen variante von igus bisher, aber ich geh mal davon aus dass auch die geschlossene spielfrei ist

und was war mit meiner Frage?
Lenkköpfe die beidseitg offen sind
haben
eher weniger Spiel
, weil da eine Kugel in Messing oder Ptfe (Ewigkeitsplastik) eingearbeitet ist und nicht Stahl auf Stahl reibt.
Probier mal.
Leider kann ich zur Qualität nicht viel sagen, Igus ist aber an sich gut verarbeitet.
Zinkdruckguss rostet wie Edelstahl auch nicht, die Festigkeitswerte sind im Datenblatt angegeben.
Sorry for capering ;)
Ich hatte mich auf die alten Beiträge bezogen.
Gruß Krischan

Hello everyone,

I'm also a user of a Hagen bike (can we still say it today as they changed :p ). I have the same trouble since i bought the bike (1 year now) and i was about to change the ball joint. Thx for all the infos. But...

The streering is really the weakest point of this bike. I don't understand they didn't thought about the risks the arm will be damaged very quickly. Obsiously, as it come out of the front box, it happens sometimes it's bumping on all the things on his way.

So now, with their bankrupcy, the new operator dealing with me told me the repairs cannot be included on the warranty.... I'm a little bit confused and not happy at all.

I need to wait until end of june/begin july to buy this part because it"s in production.

But i have a question for Hagen owners : Someone tried to replace the whole steering with the one on Bullitt ? It"s seems to be almost the same,without the angle going outside, and the lengh seems to be similar.

Thx for you help, i guess i'm not alone in this :)

20240513_172030.jpg

Ouch, that does not look good at all! I'd say this bike should no longer be used unless the crack on the steering rod is fixed. As it is steel, you might be able to find someone who can fix the crack and weld in a reinforcement plate?

I don't know if the steering rod of the Bullitt can be used on the Hagen, but you could measure the distance from the rear to the front attachment point. If it's roughly the same as on the Bullitt, it might work.

Die Lenkung ist leider wirklich ein Schwachpunkt am Hagen. Selbst mit Viscoset Steuersatz neigt sie zum flattern auf unseren schlechten Straßen in Seattle. Beim rangieren "ploppt" die Lenkung auch mal gerne durch, wenn man in einer Unebenheit hängen bleibt.

Würde ein Verstärkungsblech in der Biegung helfen?

Wow, didn't see that spot crack before... We used our hagen messenger bike with an ultra wide box, that probably protected the steering somewhat. But it also has been hit in that spot. I'd say that for only the loads during riding, just welding the crack should be enough. If the spot is hit regularly, I'd do it as @Krischan proposes: weld a patch over it, shaped like a bmx gusset on both ends and welded only along the length of the rod. A bit tricky to fit somthing there, could be made from a slightly bigger bent piece of tube.
Or just use a steel rod, like 5mm diameter, bend it and cut it at about 30° at the ends, a bit longer than the crack length. Then weld that along the length over the welded crack.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Zurück
Oben Unten