Bullitt side panel cheap alternative.

Since my Bullitt is affected with the easy-up stem problem and awaiting a replacement, I had some time to experiment with a simple idea I found on Reddit.
I've been riding with a mortar box ever since I got my Bullitt. I wanted panels for a long time but found them to be too expensive.

I bought myself a deck from Decathlon at €25 and attached it to the Bullitt.
Ok I know it looks a bit cheesy and cheap, but for this price range, I'll take it.
The tie wraps do well for the moment and is quite strong.
The idea on Reddit shows the deck flipped to the other side and attached to simple wooden kegs put into the chassis holes but no final solution

A clean and sturdy fixture to the Bullitt will be a brain breaker for sure.
This flipped deck version also makes the deck resting on the chassis. Maybe some rubber dampers will be needed soon.
Since I was quickly building this fix, tie wraps were the most obvious for the moment.
Any ideas on better, sleeker attachment would be great and much appreciated.

20230315_100808.jpg

20230315_100817.jpg

To be continued!

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
If you don't mind a bit of sawing, maybe a free old Snowboard Front Craigslist / eBay Kleinanzeigen will make 2 Panels?
Or you might ask for shredded Decks at the local Skateshop.
In Thingiverse and the like fixtures for Bullit Sidepanels can be found as Files to print them yourself or to have them printed by third Party Services.

If you don't mind a bit of sawing, maybe a free old Snowboard Front Craigslist / eBay Kleinanzeigen will make 2 Panels?
Or you might ask for shredded Decks at the local Skateshop.
In Thingiverse and the like fixtures for Bullit Sidepanels can be found as Files to print them yourself or to have them printed by third Party Services.
Yes but the front and back brackets from thingiverse will not line up with the bent part of the deck.
Good idea regards the snowboard, i'll look into it!! Thx !

Since my Bullitt is affected with the easy-up stem problem and awaiting a replacement, I had some time to experiment with a simple idea I found on Reddit.
I've been riding with a mortar box ever since I got my Bullitt. I wanted panels for a long time but found them to be too expensive.

I bought myself a deck from Decathlon at €25 and attached it to the Bullitt.
Ok I know it looks a bit cheesy and cheap, but for this price range, I'll take it.
The tie wraps do well for the moment and is quite strong.
The idea on Reddit shows the deck flipped to the other side and attached to simple wooden kegs put into the chassis holes but no final solution

A clean and sturdy fixture to the Bullitt will be a brain breaker for sure.
This flipped deck version also makes the deck resting on the chassis. Maybe some rubber dampers will be needed soon.
Since I was quickly building this fix, tie wraps were the most obvious for the moment.
Any ideas on better, sleeker attachment would be great and much appreciated.

Anhang anzeigen 35907
Anhang anzeigen 35908

To be continued!
If you're not using your Bullitt die to the easy up recall, why don't you just remove it? It's not strictly required. If you place the stem directly on the steerer tube, it will be lower. You'll need an expander to adjust headset pretension.

And then you're good to go.

t.

If you're not using your Bullitt die to the easy up recall, why don't you just remove it? It's not strictly required. If you place the stem directly on the steerer tube, it will be lower. You'll need an expander to adjust headset pretension.

And then you're good to go.

t.
yes I know, but I have a kids seat (Urban Kanga) so I need it to be higher anyway.

Consider adding U-shaped PVC or rubber edge trim to the lower edges of the decks to prevent scratches on the frame. Dampers may come off.
Markus

Zurück
Oben Unten